Last week, a group of Greenstone’s clients, partners and business associates came together for Greenstone’s Supplier Engagement Forum. The event, where participants met to discuss latest issues and solutions in supplier engagement, was very well attended and we were delighted by the feedback received.
As part of the Supplier Engagement Forum, Greenstone also held a user conference for its SupplierPortal clients to introduce new functionality and provide an opportunity for open discussion, enabling clients to learn from each other’s experience and to provide feedback and ideas for further software development.
The panel for the Supplier Engagement Forum, chaired by Greenstone’s CEO, Matthew de Villiers, consisted of David Crump from Quintain Estates and Development, Mark Stevenson from Accenture and Justin D’Atri from Verego. The focus of the event was a topic that we see becoming increasingly important for all of our clients – supplier engagement: disclosure, risk and compliance.
Some key themes that came out of the event were:
- The importance of supplier collaboration – building relationships for long term mutual benefit will ensure smooth implementation of supplier programmes.
- Supply chain risk driving the need for information transparency.
- Creating responsive and reliable supply chains through trust and information sharing drives down cost and risk.
- Good supplier data allows you to make better business decisions and reduce corporate risk.
- Companies are using responsible sourcing and supplier certification as a risk mitigation tool.
- Categorising key suppliers drives overall supplier rationalisation and helps to identify strategies for managing third party risk.
Following the speaker session, there was a lively Q&A session followed by drinks and networking.
Greenstone enables you to engage your suppliers through its award-winning supply chain sustainability software and support services. SupplierPortal is a supply chain management software solution providing your business with transparency and compliance across your entire supplier network.
If you would like more information on any of the topics covered, or would like to find out how our SupplierPortal solution could help your organisation manage supplier disclosure, risk and compliance, please contact us.