Sustainability at Greenstone
Sustainability, transparency and responsible business are at the heart of everything we do at Greenstone – from our strategy, to our culture and our day-to-day operations.
Through our software and supporting services, we promote and enable the understanding, management and transparency of sustainability-related topics and challenges across more than 1000 organisations in over 100 countries. We enable our clients to set, monitor and achieve their sustainability goals for business.
But, we also practice what we preach.
The following is a summary of some of the things we do:
- As an active participant of the UN Global Compact, we have submitted an annual Communication on Progress (COP) since 2014.
- We calculate and report our global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, Scope 1, 2 and 3, and report them publicly each year (through our COP).
- We have set a 2030 science-based emissions reduction target (SBT) which has been formally approved by the SBTi (50% reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2030). We track our progress against this target using our Enterprise software.
- We are a signatory of Tech Zero, the climate action group for tech companies committed to making faster progress towards net zero.
- Our offices and internal data centres are run on 100% renewable energy.
- Our London office operates a zero-waste-to-landfill policy and a recycling program. We track and manage office initiatives (including waste and paper reduction) using Greenstone’s Initiatives Savings functionality.
- We promote engagement with the SDGs through our suite of software solutions
We are a formal supporter of the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) guidelines.
- We are a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI).
- We invest in employee health and wellbeing and provide staff with the opportunity to take social impact days and sabbaticals.
- Our sustainability goals, commitments and expectations for our business are communicated to stakeholders through our Environmental Policy and the Greenstone Employee Handbook.
- Climate change risks are managed and mitigated through the Security & Risk Committee (a sub-committee of the Greenstone Board).
As with our clients, we understand that being sustainable and setting sustainability goals for business is a continuous journey and we can do more. That’s why in 2022 we are developing a strategy to ensure Greenstone becomes a net-zero business. Watch this space!
To read Greenstone’s annual Communication on Progress, please select the year from the list below.